Construction has begun on the Seattle Green Custom Home! Follow the progress as we go from deconstruction to a beautiful new home. We will be posting with the most recent at the top of this post…so be sure to scroll down to the bottom of the page to see the before photo! Learn more about the design process…
- Portions of the existing foundation are being reused for the new home.
- Salvage companies came first to strip the house of useable building materials: windows, fixtures, furnace, and flooring.
- Friends also salvaged some items to use in other projects: flooring, drawers, and paneling
- Items were salvaged for reuse in the new house: appliances, fixtures, stone, and some cable.
- The remainder of the house was demolished and recycled at a commingled recycling center with a recycling rate of 85%.