Join us on Saturday, April 27th from 11-5pm for the Northwest Green Home Tour. H2D Architecture + Design’s Backyard Artist’s studio is featured on the tour. The studio is located in the quiet north Seattle neighborhood of Broadview at 11509 Phinney Ave N, Seattle, WA 98133.
Green features include: Built Green Certification, Rain screen siding assembly, salvaged materials, recycled content tile, zero voc paints, and much more.
More information about the tour and a listing of the other locations on the tour, can be found at: https://www.ecobuilding.org/guild-chapters/seattle/green-home-tour The tour is free and open to the public.
Posted in Articles, Uncategorized
Tagged artist studio, backyard cottage, backyard studio, built green, green architect, green home, green home tour, northwest ecobuilding guild, rain screen siding, rainscreen siding, seattle architects, seattle green design, seattle green home, seattle green home tour, seattle remodel
Construction has begun on the Seattle Green Custom Home! Follow the progress as we go from deconstruction to a beautiful new home. We will be posting with the most recent at the top of this post…so be sure to scroll down to the bottom of the page to see the before photo! Learn more about the design process…
- Portions of the existing foundation are being reused for the new home.
- Salvage companies came first to strip the house of useable building materials: windows, fixtures, furnace, and flooring.
- Friends also salvaged some items to use in other projects: flooring, drawers, and paneling
- Items were salvaged for reuse in the new house: appliances, fixtures, stone, and some cable.
- The remainder of the house was demolished and recycled at a commingled recycling center with a recycling rate of 85%.